Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Visiting "The Mile-High City"

I'm home!!! After one crazy week in Denver and then a very long day out in the field yesterday, I am finally back and ready to share all of my traveling tips with you!

Denver was so much fun. If you have not been before, you definitely need to go check it out. Next time I am in town, though, I am hoping that there will be some snow on the ground so I can go skiing. But, even though it wasnt snowing, it was still nice to relax in some cold weather for a change. Amazingly, coming home, I got on the plane in Denver with a coat and boots on and stepped off in Houston to 85* weather....WAY TOO HOT.

But, I'm rambling...While I was in CO for work, I managed to thoroughly enjoy myself. So, without further ado, here are my hotspot suggestions (most center around the 16th Street walking mall.) :

Stay at the Hotel Monaco. The rooms were really trendy but also really comfortable.

They even have animal print robes in your rooms and you can request a fish to keep you company! This is definitely the place to go for pet lovers, since you can bring your furry friend along.

The hotel is also home to one of the best restaurants in Denver, Panzano, and an awesome spa (where I managed to find time to get a mani, pedi, and facial!)

The 16th Street mall is a great place to go shopping. It is basically one long pedestrian street. They have free buses that you can hop on to head down the street. The best part about this mall, though, is the food. There are tons of restaurants with sidewalk seating, which is so nice at night when it is cool outside. They also have lots of bars and hangouts that are pen most of the night. It sort of reminded me of a clean Bourbon Street...Definitely a must!!!
Unfortunately there are many great sites that I did not have time to visit because of my class. In the end, though, it was a great week. I learned alot, got to visit some friends and family in town, and got lots of much-needed shopping done...


But enough rambling from me...It's time stuff my face with home-made chocolate chip cookies and watch some DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment